Thursday, May 18, 2006

Not Officers but Definitely Gentlemen



My babies grew up! They are all married and adulty. That's okay as long as they don't get boring and I can't see that happening. It seems like yesterday that I was berating them for "Austin Powers" immitations. Now Dakota and Rick are both married and working young yuppies. Yes, I said yuppies. I had hoped I could instill just a smattering of liberal insight into their minds before it was too late. But alas, I have been a dismal failure in this pursuit. I console myself with the fact that both of them are at least thinking conservatives. And I haven't given up trying to bring them into the light.
Even with their yuppie leanings, I am very proud. Dakota is working at a job he seems really happy with. Afterall, he is dealing with stocks and bonds and money-like things. Rick is heading off to a "high falutin' law school" and Rutgers should consider itself lucky to have him. They aren't my babies anymore, but they sure did turn out good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home