Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Candy Jars

I am totally blessed. I live in a candy jar full of delectable treats for my eyes. Everywhere I turn there is something gorgeous for them to feast on. Early morning calm river waters, with gulls and egrets fishing for breakfast and dolphins cruising toward the gulf, greet Scully and me each day. The sand is usually fresh and our footprints are the first. I love that. By mid morning the summer heat haze has set in. Everything is foggy and visibility limited, but shells hiding in the shallow water are waiting to become some child's treasure and ghost crabs dart about oblivious to scorching temperatures. The pure stillness of it all makes this the perfect time to be on the beach. It makes the cool gulf water feel like heaven and your skin taste like a salty delicacy. When you are sure that it doesn't get any better, dusk falls, breezes start to cool the earth and the sun turns to orange and gold over the sprawling salt marshes. The sky blends into the water and slowly night leaves only shadows of trees and stars lighting the waves and sand. Yep, the Lord made a world full of eye candy and lucky me, this jar is overflowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home